In my experience, there is no niche market that out there that has more people believing in that it’s too competitive/saturated than the make money online topic. I have seen and gotten a plethora of questions from people thinking of entering this market and hesitating because of this belief.
There’s several things I respond with when I see these questions:
1) I tell them that any market can be entered into and with enough work, success is possible.
2) To prove that it can be done, I direct them to a training platform which personally showed me how to do this. And in fact, one of the niche markets I entered into was the make money online one (in 2013), and today, the very site you are reading on right now is proof that this works. The link above will show the income stats I have attained, despite entering this market “late” and having many competing websites to fight against.
3) I also direct them to this personal tutorial I wrote on market saturation long ago. I highly recommend you read it too, as much of this article you’re reading right now talks about similar stuff, but it will be more towards the make money online topic.
So in short, while those 3 things are going to help you, I want you to still read this article for now, because I’m going to run you through why:
Despite it being competitive, it is not only possible to still make a website in this niche, but to also make it grow and become quite successful despite that.
The 1st thing you need to understand is that this niche isn’t as competitive as you think:
While it is totally true that there’s MILLIONS of blogs out there all focused on the same, make money online topic, and that it’s actually grown in the past few years, despite that, MOST of these blogs/sites are NOT successful. The people working on them either:
- Do not know how to make their rankings rise.
- Do not work as hard on them as they should.
- Or perhaps they are still new, just like you and haven’t gotten to the success point.
The problem is that when people start seeing these types of niche blogs for one or more searches they do, the conclusion they come to is that they are “everywhere” and that there’s no hope in squeezing your site through all this competition, but I know very well that most people just never get this far.
Trust me, just because you found a few make money online blogs for searches you did does not mean those same blogs will appear for EVERY search you do.
The 2nd thing you need to understand is that the vigilant marketer is the one who succeeds:
The thing that makes the 1% or less of successful bloggers have their sites outrank the others is that they are vigilant. They blog more, they work harder and they know where to find content ideas to add to their make money online niche.
While I personally try to live by this vigilance rule for my site personally, and I believe I do a lot of work, there’s many others out there who do 5, 10 or even more times the work I do. They blog multiple times a day, they have social media presence, they actively look up content ideas on various sites to continually grow their page and these are very few people, when you consider the millions who are trying to do the same.
If there’s anything I learned about succeeding in THIS specific niche, it’s that he who blogs more actively, and blogs about specific things related to making money online is the one who will succeed.
The 3rd thing is where we get into the reality of things:
The internet and it’s user base is growing far more rapidly than you can imagine (see the stats here), and this creates a plethora of new markets and demands that internet marketers have yet to fill.
- Consider how eCommerce sites have gotten.
- Consider how many people order online today than they did yesterday.
- Consider how many people rely on the internet to handle their activities today and before.
All these places/sites/parameters show consistent growth. In the make money online niche, this is no different:
There’s constantly NEW products/programs coming out. This means there’s constantly NEW keywords with little competition popping up, and that CONSTANTLY keeps giving you more ways to blog more, grow more and become an authority with your site.
The 4th thing is specifics. Here’s how I overcome my competition:
The first thing is that the demand to get more content out of my site is of the highest priority. Any site that is going to “crush” it’s competition in Google and other search engines needs to have fresh content produced, as often as possible.
Now specifically I need to make sure that the content I put out is highly specific to making money online. So this makes me look for 3 things when it comes to content ideas:
1) Doing product reviews. For this I typically find them on the following sites:
2) Writing about topics that deal with making money online, so for example, this topic I’m writing about is considered to be that.
3) Each content idea I find needs to absolutely target some sort of keyword that gets searches and has low competition, ALWAYS.
By consistently producing content whilst sticking to these 2 key things, I was able to make my site not just grow but outrank many competitors (most in fact). Now it is true that I don’t hold the top rankings for every single article I write, but the authority my site has gained over the years I’ve been following this outline has grown consistently and thus I was able to get a lot of high rankings and a lot of traffic, which flows in daily.
Also worth noting is the fact that the more I follow this, the more ideas and work I put into my site which by the way the competition does not. And this is how overtime I overcome them.
My final thoughts:
So overall, when it comes down to it, the 4th part of this whole article is where I take all the action necessary to make my niche site outrank it’s competitors in the make money online niche. The first 3 things are more of the right mindset I’ve developed to keep myself pushing forward when I feel there’s “too much competition” and let me tell you, this way of thinking mixed with the action in the 4th part has made me overcome many tough niche markets, not just the make money online one.
Competition has always existed and you can bet that when I made my site, there was a lot of it, yet I stepped into it, followed the training in my #1 recommended program and here I am today. Following this same guideline, you can also do the same, and not just with this niche, but ANY.