I’ve purchased numerous make money online programs from JVZoo over the years and reviewed them on this site. Today however, I want to review JVZoo itself. I have mixed views on how this program does business and want to help you know what opportunities it has, as well as what to watch out for.
Quick Report on JVZoo:
It’s completely free program to join and you can promote products from there for free. You can also purchase the products on their marketplace.
Overall Rating: 4 out of 10 stars
The main points to note:
The actual JVZoo network itself is legit.
However, in my many experiences buying products there, there are many low quality ones being sold and I will explore that including if it’s worth doing business through this network.
There are also things to note about the network itself which I personally am not a fan of and they could make serious improvements on (which I will explain)>
Before I explain my points in this JVZoo review, here’s an important note:
More reasons why I recommend Wealthy Affiliate to JVZoo:
- Whether you want to make money online.
- Where you want to do affiliate marketing.
- Whether you’re looking to even promote JVZoo products.
- Whether you want to promote products outside the JVZoo realm (Clickbank, Amazon, ect…).
That program (Wealthy Affiliate) will help you do all of this. That’s why I recommend it and no JVZoo program I’ve ever come across (even the rare good ones) come close to the value and skills this program gives you. It’s literally free to try and great for beginners.
What exactly is JVZoo?
It is a gigantic network where you will find a plethora of mainly digital products being sold, all pertaining to the make money online industry. To date, this network is arguably the biggest when it comes to how many products it sells in this market.
Now JVZoo doesn’t own the products being sold there. But it does provide a network for vendors to go there, sign up, put up their products on the network there and then have affiliates promote it. This is very similar to the type of stuff you see done on Clickbank.
And if you’re wondering which place is better, here is an article on Clickbank vs JVzoo I recommend checking out.
There are many pros to being involved with JVZoo (here are 5):
So far, I have 5 major pros to list with regards to this site:
1) There’s great opportunity for make money online program creators to work with JVZoo.
It is extremely popular to create make money related programs/systems and products and put them on this site.
2) There’s a good DFY system in place to earn money.
It gives you access to tons of affiliates who will promote the products you put on the network with a done for you software system in place to compensate them and you for each purchase (no need to be a professional software engineer, this network handles that technical stuff for you).
3) Great earning opportunity overall for vendors and affiliates alike.
It provides an excellent way for people to make money (here’s ideas for making money with JVZoo), both as vendors (product creators) and affiliate marketers (the people who promote the vendor’s product/s):
4) Diverse ways of earning money are possible with JVZoo:
Many commissions are recurring which can provide a stable income for affiliates/vendors. There are also high ticket affiliate promotions available.
5) Reputable marketers use this place to put their programs up on.
A lot of big time marketers use this place to make a lot of money, mainly because they have large networks of followers and affiliates working for them.
Many of these people create multiple products, release them on the JVZoo market place and let their affiliates know that they did this so they can start promoting it for them.
For example, people like Stefan Ciancio and people like Greg Kononenko are people whose programs I trust and usually recommend. There’s generally very few internet marketing gurus I trust, but I would add at least one of these names to that list.
But there are also cons to using JVZoo (here are 5 in my opinion):
And while I generally like JVZoo, the following cons you’re about to see are things few people actually mention:
1) There are in my opinion many bad programs and systems being sold there.
At least from a point of a view of a marketer like myself.
I generally know what systems and tactics work to make money online (Wealthy Affiliate has the best one in my opinion) and often times when I encounter and review a lot of bad systems, many of them sadly come straight out of this network.
It’s tough to vet products accurately in my experience because what I think is a bad product may be considered good by others, so this is a mixed bag, but my experiences with buying many products on JVZoo have led me to this conclusion.
2) JVZoo’s support could be much better (they are pretty useless).
If you have an issue with a product you purchased from JVZoo, you can’t contact some personnel inside the actual network to work out the problem. Instead, you have to contact the owner of the product you purchased it from instead (It’s the same issue with another popular network called Warrior Plus).
And this is a big problem because first, what’s the point of even having a support in JVZoo in the first place? And second, what if the product owner isn’t exactly friendly? Or what if the product owner is just tough to reach? These are all realistic questions.
I’ve often had issues with the products I’ve purchased in JVZoo and it wasn’t always easy to connect to the owner, and since I couldn’t connect to JVZoo’s support directly to help me handle the problem, that left me having to dispute some charges with my credit card company.
In fact, JVZoo literally tells you to handle the problem with the product owner directly and I think that is a big con (some product owners are annoying to deal with, I would know):
3) JVZoo in my opinion could do a better job filtering out the programs they allow on their network.
To put it into perspective, I’ve purchased well over 30 products and systems (to review) and in my opinion about 80% of them were bad, the other 15% were OK, while only 5% were good.
This is actually normal as in this industry as it’s common to see a lot of garbage systems and a few good ones. There’s also even worse cases like with Clickbetter which sadly in my experience has an even larger percentage of bad programs out of the good.
And I will say that even places like Clickbank also have this problem, so it’s not isolated with just JVZoo, but at least with programs like Clickbank, I can actually contact their support and work out things if I have problems. With JVZoo, I can’t really do that.
4) I wish JVZoo had ratings for their products (correction made):
There’s no reviews type system in place so people can see if what they’re getting is good or not. A lot of the bad programs are purchased by many people who then end up getting their potential businesses ruined because they followed bad advice.
Update: Apparently clarification from JVZoo staff corrected this and they do have product ratings now.
5) I have seen one too many product creators put up stuff on this site:
There are many “serial” marketers on this program who create and put up one bad program after another, but because they know how to hype up the system and create a good compensation for their affiliates, they keep getting away with it.
I won’t name anyone in particular, but usually when I see a serial product creator release something new to JVZoo, I tend to look at the product with a very skeptical eye.
Should you buy products and programs from JVZoo?
Ultimately, that’s up to you. In my case, if you know how to filter out what’s a good program and what’s a bad program, then sure.
But if you’re new to making money online, you may not be able to figure this out and may find yourself be taken for a lot of money by the plethora of systems and programs out there which are associated with this network (it’s not the network that’s bad, it’s the system, but the network is not really doing anything about it) who are great at making incredible sounding sales pages to make you believe that their system is going to make you rich (it won’t most of the time).
And for new people to this business, my advice is to start with Wealthy Affiliate and not JVZoo because there’s just too many different products and in my opinion rarer chances of finding a good one that’ll teach you how to actually make money online in one of the right ways.
Should you create and put up products on JVZoo?
This is a great question and I would say yes, but you would need to first be an experienced marketer who knows how to create a system/product and then think about going to this network to deliver it to the masses of affiliates and potential buyers out there.
I find they are the next level when it comes to JVZoo, especially since they actually have a central customer support system in place, meaning that as a vendor (a legitimate one I hope!), you will have less stress to worry about dealing with customer support questions.
What about as an affiliate? Should you promote anything on JVZoo?
The answer is yes, and in my opinion it should be done if you can distinguish the good products from the bad.
But this is often misunderstood as affiliates tend not to look at the quality of a product, but more so, it’s affiliate commission potential and this leads them to often promote an otherwise bad program with good intentions.
My personal opinion is if you want, as an affiliate to promote great make money online opportunities and programs, then you need to promote Wealthy Affiliate, (more info on it below).
It’s a system that has one of the highest retention rates I have ever seen/promoted through as well as one of the most legitimate opportunities ever, for a great price instead of anything you’ll find on JVZoo or other programs.
Final Rating: JVZoo
4 out of 10 stars. As a whole, the program is legit, but it’s lack of proper “vetting” in my opinion could be improved upon leads to too many sleazy taking advantage of it and putting up poor quality programs and selling them to people who think they are great opportunities and this is damaging the network’s reputation.
Furthermore, the support needs to improve, a lot.
But overall, from an affiliate and vendor perspective, if you do business with JVZoo, you will get paid honestly and on time.
My final thoughts: Want to be a successful affiliate in the make money online niche?
The make money online niche is vast and there’s many programs you can promote. In my opinion, the best choice is Wealthy Affiliate.
Since JVZoo has too many unknowns in terms of programs that may not be so good, and if you’re the type of marketer who wishes to promote 100% legitimate programs, get paid a good recurring income from it, then there’s really nothing better than Wealthy Affiliate.
I constantly look for new programs to potentially promote and this one is still levels higher than anything else. It is an all in one training system that I personally learned from to create a very good online business and in turn, decided to let other people know it, namely you guys reading this now.
But there’s also countless niches you can make money from other than this niche and for that, Wealthy Affiliate too is a great program to learn that from. But let me get back to the original point here, about promoting WA itself and why I recommend it:
Here’s some details about it’s promotional opportunities:
2) Members get many free websites to create on the network.
3) Massive support + training offered to keep people inside the network.
4) You can be a coach for referrals (helps retention and recurring sales continue on and on).
5) Average retention rates (typical stay times) are 7 months.
6) Yearly commissions are $175 per sale, each year.
7) Every year, during Black Friday, a 6 day sale takes place where people can buy yearly memberships for less and earn affiliates $130-$500 per sale.
8) An annual sales contents exists where if you get 300 of them, the owners fund an entire trip for you to visit Wealthy Affiliate’s creators in Las Vegas, which I’ve attended 6 times consecutively already.
6 other major benefits of promoting Wealthy Affiliate (or just being a member):
1) If you refer someone into the program before, and Black Friday comes up and they purchase the offer, you get that commission, year after year as long as they keep renewing. It’s literally a whole other income on top of the $23.50 monthly one.
2) You can refer (as well as join) for free. The only “downside” is that you have to be a paid member of the program to take advantage of these perks I listed above, but with the free bonuses all paid members get (free hosting, SSL, support, protection, training, ect…), that price is ridiculously small compared to the overwhelming value this program delivers.
3) People who join the program are NOT forced to promote the program (Huge downside to JVZoo products), they can create their own business in ANY niche market, a HUGE open ended potential you can leverage in your promotion of the system.
4) If you are a new person to the internet world, you can and should join this network, not just for it’s promotional opportunity by for the education it gives you. They taught me how to do everything in this industry successfully.
5) A bootcamp course is included inside the program to help anyone promote this system to others. Thanks to Wealthy Affiliate’s Bootcamp course, I’ve made over $300,000.
6) The owners of this program (Kyle and Carson) are truly awesome people who help you, whether or not you promote their program.
Here’s some commission stats from this program (my personal results):
Those are my real stats. And the program in WA teaches you to get to this (or in any other niche too):
My final thoughts on JVZoo:
While I started this review off about JVZoo, there are huge parts to this network that can be improved upon.
And as an affiliate who wishes to promote a good system, you may have a tough time finding a good program that will keep people paying, at least that’s my opinion based off my many years experience of buying products/programs there.
And as someone who is new, finding a product on JVZoo that can help you learn good ways to succeed online is also though (in my opinion).
I personally believe you can succeed with this program, but usually if you’re already knowledgeable on affiliate marketing (or are a vendor looking to host a make money online product or program there).
Then there’s also one more thing to consider which is: Do you really like the make money online niche? Lots of people say they do, but there’s so many other profitable niches out there and it’s better to tackle the one you like in my opinion.
Anyway, there’s a lot to consider if you go the JVZoo route, which is why I suggest Wealthy Affiliate instead.
Wealthy Affiliate in my opinion solves all of those problems (among other potential ones) with it’s awesome network and opportunity to help you succeed online in general, whether it be to:
Give you the necessary skills to promote JVZoo or none JVZoo products.
Long story short, they’ll teach you to make it in the business and they will also offer you an awesome way to make money with them as well. This is a highly recommend program above JVZoo (or any others).
- Great place for vendors to put up make money online programs.
- Also a good place for affiliates to earn money different ways.
- Great system in place to make the money making opportunity possible.
- I don't agree with many programs that have been approved on this network.
- The support in JVZoo could be so much better.