As a former full disclosure member of Bring the Fresh, I’d like to share some insights on the online marketing course this place will take you through if you decide to join. All you really need to know is this:
The entire Bring The Fresh “course” consists of just the “Fast Start Guide”, that’s all. This is where the bulk (99%) of all your SEO training will come from. The fast start guide is a pdf that’s updated every few months by Kelly Felix and available to be downloaded by all members.
Inside Bring The Fresh’s Fast Start Guide:
The guide is about 70 pages, out of which 50 actually go through the entire SEO course, the rest is just a promotion or many of BTF’s services. Overall the guide begins like this:
- You learn how to find a keyword which gets over 1,000 searches a month via Kelly’s approach to keyword searching which is via 2 ways:
1. Google’s keyword tool (A free keyword tool) and then…
2. Market Samurai, another keyword tool which then further analyzes the keywords you found using the first tool and narrows down if the keyword/s you chose are worth perusing.
- Once you find a keyword, the next step is trying to find a domain name for that keyword. Kelly recommends buying the exact domain name of the keyword you wish to rank under as he claims this makes it easier. From my personal experience, this is true.
- Once this step is done, then begins the technical stuff, about 30 pages of it where you set up a wordpress platform for your page and then make it “SEO friendly” by installing certain plug-ins like Platinum SEO and pretty links.
- The last part of the course is all about setting up your website/s pages and posts so that it starts to get ranked in Google. This includes adding Youtube videos which the guide recommends you make yourself as it improves your page’s rank in the SERPS as well as utilizing BTF’s services such as “The backlink packages”.
Speaking from experience, I would NOT recommend using any of these packages because I’ve had very bad experiences with them which led to a dispute between myself and BTF, that later ended up making them suspend my membership, hence my “former” full disclosure title in the beginning of this post.
What you need to know about Bring the Fresh’s Course:
The only real course in this site is the fast start guide, the rest is either the forum or upsells which there are many of in BTF. Though many of the tactics the fast start guide teaches do work, there are also many tactics (such as the backlink) packages which do not.
I would strongly recommend 2 things to anyone who is reading this and considering joining this organization:
1. Read my BTF review. It’s completely un bias and you’ll be shocked at what you find out.
2. If you’re looking for great SEO training, I recommend trying my #1 recommendation. This place will provide you with the most up to date training and very few up sells.